Thursday, December 13, 2018

Mod 15 Self Portrait



Portrait of James Baldwin

Beauford Delaney1965


Portrait of Armand Roulin

Vincent van Gogh1888

Portrait of Armand Roulin

Vincent van Gogh1888















1.) I selected the following inspiration pieces because I really enjoyed the color palette used in all the paintings. I especially like the vibrant backgrounds used, and the colors in the skin. I feel like they were a style I could relate too because they each had their own style, and flare.

2.) Oil pastel is a medium that I am familiar with and enjoy working in. I can get creative with a variety of fun, vibrant colors.

3.) I think in the beginning I was focused on making the portrait look exact, but the more I worked on it the more I was okay with it being more representational.

4.) This piece represents me because I am someone who embraces change, especially when it comes to the way I look. I also am an outgoing individual and wanted to capture that using bright, vivid colors.

5.) I focused on color in my piece by using vibrant colors and creating contrast using warm and cool tones. I created movement in the piece with energetic lines and shading.

6.) I truly did enjoy working on this project! I love drawing portraits so I found this project perfect for myself and to build up my skill.

7.) Overall, I am happy with the outcome of my portrait. I think it communicates who I am as a perso and has a great energy to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mod 15 Self Portrait

Portrait of James Baldwin Beauford Delaney 1965 Portrait of Armand Roulin Vincent van Gogh 1888 Portrait of Armand Roulin...