Monday, November 19, 2018

Module 12 Video Review

1.) I chose the video "Andy Warhol: Images of Images" because Andy Warhol has always been an artist that has fascinated me. I remember being very excited when we did pop art and Warhol replicas in my high school art class. I chose the video "Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of the 50's and 60s because I really enjoyed the readings in the book that talked about this time in art history . I also recently saw an exhibit at the Albright Knox that displayed at from the 60s and it sparked my interest. 

2.) In the Warhol video I found it very interesting to learn more about the silk screen printing techniques used by Warhol and his team. Finding out how Warhol used his techniques and pieces as a call out to consumerist America while also profiting himself was a little surprising. It was easier for Warhol to complete commission pieces with screen printing and have others make the same piece. 
In the second video, I learned about selected artists who were important during the 1950s and 1960s in the art world. I developed a better understanding of artists who have always interested me like Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein. 

3.) Both videos relate to the readings in the text because it gave me more visual insight and examples of artists who created abstract expressionism and pop art pieces. I learned more about the techniques of artists who lived during this time and how the process of creating their artworks.

4.)I enjoyed watching both videos, especially the Andy Warhol one. Both videos were extremely informational and helped me to better understand the abstract and pop art eras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mod 15 Self Portrait

Portrait of James Baldwin Beauford Delaney 1965 Portrait of Armand Roulin Vincent van Gogh 1888 Portrait of Armand Roulin...