Sunday, September 23, 2018

MOD 4



 1.) I thought creating the value scale and the color wheel both allowed me to practice concentration and mindfulness. Being able to just focus in on shading in the value scale was a helpful exercise for myself. The color wheel helped me better understand colors and their relation to each other while painting. I feel like both these projects will help me to become a better artist.

2.) I enjoyed working with the graphite the most while creating the graphite paper because I don’t work in a lot of black and white. Is was able to explore how different pressures of the pencil added value and created depth. I thought it was interesting to sharpen the pencil with the utility knife to have a smoother surface for shading.

3.) The most important discovery for me in the creation of these studies was how imperative it is to pay attention to the little details and have patience when creating. Also, developing a better understand of color and how to use the primary colors vs. secondary colors.

4.) The most important information I took from the videos was from the Color Theory Video. According to the video, the true primary colors are magenta, cyan and yellow. These three colors make up the secondary colors of red, green and blue. This is because if we mix   Also, I had an art teacher in high school that had us do our color wheels with magenta, cyan, and yellow in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mod 15 Self Portrait

Portrait of James Baldwin Beauford Delaney 1965 Portrait of Armand Roulin Vincent van Gogh 1888 Portrait of Armand Roulin...