Sunday, October 7, 2018

Mod 6: Peer Blog Review

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog

2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
2.) After looking at Project #1 for both of my peers, I did agree with the photos they chose in relation to the principle or element of art along with it. More than one principle or element of art was apparent in the photos uploaded. For example in Let There Be Art's photo for movement, I also feel there was a strong contrast between the white smoke cloud dark background. Also the us of value in the greyscale of the photo. 
3.) The images I chose for Project #2 we're not the same as the ones my peers reviewed. This allowed me to explore pieces I may have overlooked. Seeing art pieces that others felt a connection too gave me an appreciation for pieces I may haven't had an interest in. 
4.) In Kaitlynn's Blog I was interested in finding out more about the painting "Nomad", and the artist's creative process. In her blog, I was also felt the connection of the organized chaos in Peter Ford's painting, "No.22". Being a working college student I also understand that feeling of trying to keep everything together even a busy time. 
5.) I definitely find it valuable to have an understanding of my peer's opinions and viewpoints. It gives me better insight on topics, allowing me to understand some things about art from a different perspective. Also, I think as an artist being aware of your audience is very important. 
6.) I do find the comments of my peers helpful. I feel as a whole we are able to give good insight and constructive criticism, which helps us grow as artists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mod 15 Self Portrait

Portrait of James Baldwin Beauford Delaney 1965 Portrait of Armand Roulin Vincent van Gogh 1888 Portrait of Armand Roulin...