Sunday, October 28, 2018

Mod 9: Hand Study

1.) Using my hand as a subject matter was not unusual for me. When drawing hands I usually use mine as a reference so I can get the proportions correct.
2.) I selected charcoal because I like how easy it is to create contrast while drawing with it. Personally, I like drawing in charcoal over pencil because I like the intensity you can create in an image.
3.) It felt extremely uncomfortable using my non-dominant hand to draw. I wasn't confident in my drawing ability using my non-dominant hand.
4.) I think they are successful studies because I was able to see the difference in using my non-dominant and dominant hand to draw. It also helped me to understand the proportions when drawing human hands.
5.) I don't think I would consider using my non-dominant hand to create art in the future. It felt awfully strange and just not comfortable drawing with my left hand. I feel like it would be something I would have to grow use too. I also don't think I would have the same level of skill or technique using my non-dominant hand.
 dominant 

 non-dominant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mod 15 Self Portrait

Portrait of James Baldwin Beauford Delaney 1965 Portrait of Armand Roulin Vincent van Gogh 1888 Portrait of Armand Roulin...